Mosaic Academy continues to fill every classroom of our new building! Mosaic combines the best of classroom learning with the best of homeschooling to create an innovative, new kind of learning. Mosaic, our students receive instruction, group collaboration and classroom activities over three school days per week, allowing two school days per week of homestudy. On homestudy days, students receive personalized assignments; have the time to read deeply and to work on projects for several hours in a row from the comfort of home.
Mosaic academy embraces and promotes the gifts and talents of each student to nurture the social and emotional development of the individual child. Teachers and parents collaborate to provide personalized learning, rigorous expectations, and challenge all students to achieve their personal best.
Encouraging each unique individual to work together to become a masterpiece!
*How do we personalize learning for each student?
Building relationships and getting to know the students, and their parents, is a key component in personalizing! Teachers personalize learning by giving the students the opportunity to choose a learning path that is unique to their own style of learning as well as their own individual academic need. This is met by goal setting, personalized activities that are tailored to the child’s individual needs and interests, and giving the student choice in the learning process. We personalize with many different websites/programs such as ST Math, IXL, Accelerated Reader, Raz-Kids, i-Ready, OARS and more! We also use our I CAN’s to personalize for our students, directing them to specific skills they need to master and giving them a choice on how it will be learned. This engages all students and allows for a personal connection with their learning.
We empower parents by providing support and development to help them better work with their students at home. We allow parents to choose lessons and activities to do with their students. They have freedom to design their own activities to meet the needs and interests of their children.
*Why personalize learning?
- Personalized learning helps foster a students’ love of learning and more importantly, it allows students to take ownership of their own academics. Giving a student both a voice and a choice in his/her education is the key to success!
- Personalized learning allows for all students to be engaged with the content they are currently learning. It also offers a teamwork approach in which the parent, student, and teacher are all working together to meet the needs of the whole child.
- Personalization promotes confidence and pride in the student and encourages them to strive for their personal best.
- Personalized learning enables a student to become a more independent learner. They have the ability to be in control, progressing at a pace that fits their needs. In addition, personalized learning gives a student an interest or a positive perception when it comes to their education.
- Don’t we all want to feel special? Personalized learning does just that.
- Goal setting is a collaborative effort as student, parent, and teacher input are all considered in this process. When a student has input in selecting a goal, the process in which he/she obtains the goal is more meaningful and relevant to the child’s life.
- We invite parents and students to set personal learning goals and track their progress through systems like ST math, iReady, enVision math, Accelerated Reader, and I Can assignments and quizzes.
- Goal setting allows the students to have a vested interest in their own educational journey.
- Goal setting enables a student to strive for academic success, gives a sense of accomplishment early on in education. This mind set gives a student confidence and is also a useful tactic outside of the classroom.