The Children’s Museum of the Desert encourages thoughtful learning in a creative and engaging environment.
This program will consist of a 30-40 minute lesson and hands-on activity; as well as two hours of Museum Exploration in the galleries. The galleries offer over 80 hands-on exhibit challenges in science, health, problem solving, math, literacy, and the arts! It is a unique opportunity for children to learn about themselves and the world around them through fun, interactive play.
Students will attend 1 of 3 Hands-on Lessons and Activities being offered: (preferences will be taken the day of the field trip during check-in.)
- Amazing Animals Adaptations: Desert creatures are remarkable animals uniquely suited to live in our environment. Students will learn about native animals, their amazing adaptations, and desert habitats. Students will then create an imaginary animal with its own adaptations for desert survival.
- Robotic Hexbug Habitat: In this creative and collaborative lesson, students will work together to create a habitat for their hexbugs to navigate. They’ll engineer and problem-solve as they help their robotic bug move the through the environment they create.
- Radical Reflections: Students will explore the relationship between light and mirrors by experimenting with reflective materials, multiple reflections, and patterns. At the end of the class, they will make their own kaleidoscope! ENGINEERING, MATH, SCIENCE
- No late registrations or refunds will be processed after the closing date. No Exceptions
- Special Guidelines: No use of membership passes. Recommended for TK-5th but open to all ages. Space is limited; first serve
- Program Length: 2.5 hours approx.
- All Students must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- Note: If you have multiple Homeschool students, each Homeschool student must be registered for all Field Trips using their own designated flex fund account. Any duplicate orders for the same field trip on one student’s account will not be allowed.
- Field Trip Photography Disclaimer: “Please be advised that photographs will be taken at this event for possible use on the SCS website, marketing materials, and/or all other SCS publications. If you do not want you or your child to be photographed please advise the Field Trip Coordinator.
- How to Cancel: Forward your registration confirmation email receipt to email@example.com with a detailed notation to cancel by the deadline date indicated on each field trip.