- Begin to narrow options for work, vocational training, community college and/or four year college.
- See Great Websites for Career & Vocational Transitions [connect to Choosing a Career page under College & Career)
- Research schools and admissions requirements online
- Visit colleges
- Take SAT I & ACT exams before December if applying to four year colleges.
- SAT I registration, information and practice exams online at www.collegeboard.com
- ACT registration, information and practice exams online at www.act.org
- November: All California State University & University of California freshmen admissions application window is (November 1 to 30). All CSU/UC applications are due before or on November 30. Online applications preferred.
- Financial Aid: All vocational & four year colleges require students to apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal and State Aid).
- November: Apply online for FAFSA pin number at www.fafsa.ed.gov. January 1 to March 2 FAFSA application window for all California Residence & Cal Grants
- Submit GPA Verification form to River Springs Guidance Department at the Temecula Administration office. To print a form online, go to www.csac.ca.gov and select to following links– Cal Grants – verified grade point average (GPA) – September 2, 2006 Cal Grant GPA Verification form. Be certain to fill our the student information and student signature to release information.
- Research about Financial Aid at California Student Aid Commission for information about Cal Grants – work study programs and low interest student loans. http://www.csac.ca.gov/
- Fund Your Future is a comprehensive publication produced by the California Student Aid Commission that explains all aspects of financial aid and student loans. To download your own copy: www.csac.ca.gov and select the following links: schools – high schools – publications – Fund Your Future Counselor’s Guide
- Submit applications for all community colleges – vocational training schools – private & out of state colleges.
- Research Admissions expectations early
- Keep track of all deadlines
- Contact BOTH admissions and financial aid departments at all school for additional application processes and deadline.
Click here for a simplified version of this checklist that you can print out.
Click here for a Senior Year Timeline
Click here for College Bound Student Resources