Safety is a top priority at Springs Charter Schools. We have a full team of staff whose priority it is to keep our students, staff & visitors safe while on our campuses and in our offices. The Safety Manager works together with the IT & Facilities Department and our Directors, Site Facilitators, Custodians and Office Safety Captains to ensure safety is addressed at every level.
is an online training we use for our staff. SafeSchools has over 140 training videos that are customized for a school setting. Our staff receive certificates of completion for every training they are
assigned. These trainings are monitored by our Risk Manager in the Human Resources Department.
provides Springs Charter School with AED machines, medical oversight and staff CPR/First Aid/AED training certification through the American Heart Association. We have AED machines placed at each of our academies and our administration office.
Many of our staff receive additional safety related trainings throughout the year, some examples are:
- American Red Cross Disaster Preparedness Academy, Annually
- American Red Cross DPRA (Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Alliance)Monthly Meetings
- Shooting Trauma Training through Townson Productions
- CERT Training
- FEMA Online Certification
- REMS Training (Readiness & Emergency Management for Schools)
Academies & Learning Centers
- Safety Meetings: 5 annually with every site represented
- Written Emergency Plans in every classroom and office
- Lockdown, Fire Evacuation & Earthquake Drills are practiced regularly
- Annual Participation in the Great Shake Out Earthquake Drill
- Lockdown Buckets & Evacuation Backpacks are placed in every classroom & office
- MSDS/SDS Sheets
- Safe School Plan
- Crisis Response Plan
- Injury, Illness Prevention Plan
- Hazard Communication Plan
- Safety Suggestions
Please contact Jeanne Schaffner, Safety Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments, questions or concerns.